When it comes to selecting a modest dress for any sort of occasion, fit and comfort will naturally be two of the very most important areas. How you consider both these areas will typically vary based on a few factors, and one such variable is the kind of occasion you're considering a given dress for.
At Moments Made, we're happy to offer a huge range of modest dress and modest clothing options, including modest prom dresses, modest special occasion dresses and more. We also proudly assist a variety of clients with all their needs, including ensuring the dress you choose fits well and is comfortable at all times. In this two-part blog series, we'll go over some general tips on modest dress fit and comfort selection based on the occasion - today's part one will look at prom and special occasion dresses, while part two will dig into dresses for church-going, funerals and other more somber events.
Finding Ideal Fit and Comfort for a Prom Dress
When it comes to selecting the right prom dress, fit and comfort are both obviously very important - however, it's also important to note that the style of the dress should still be considered. This means you'll want a balance between comfort and fashion, as one shouldn't overpower the other too much.
The most basic thing to consider is size - you'll need to think about make sure the dress fits both your body type and height, as well as any special measurements like sleeve length or neck depth. The prom dress should also fit you comfortably while still making you look fabulous - it shouldn't be too tight or constricting, yet it can't be too loose either.
A few specifics to consider in terms of size:
- General body shape: Look for a dress that accentuates your body type - if you're curvier, look for empire-waist designs or figure-hugging options that still offer plenty of movement.
- Height and weight: Consider the dress length in relation to your height and weight - it should be long enough that you don't show too much skin, yet not so long that it drags on the ground.
- Shoulder width: Another important factor is the shoulder width - if it's too loose, you'll look sloppy, while too tight will give an unflattering silhouette.
- Sleeve length: Consider the length of the sleeves as well - if you tend to be colder, select a long sleeve prom dress in order to stay warm while still looking amazing.
- Hemline length: The hemline should also be taken into account - you'll want something that flatters your legs and doesn't ride up or drag too much on the ground.
- Bust size: Your bust size should also be factored in when selecting a modest prom dress - many stores will offer both petite and plus sizes, so make sure you get the right fit for your body type.
There are also a few other factors that play a role in prom dress comfort, including the fabric, color, and even the embellishments. For example, fabrics like chiffon and tulle tend to be more comfortable than stiffer options like sequins or lace. Additionally, avoid overly bright colors as these can make you look washed out - instead, opt for something more subtle that still looks great.
Finally, pick a dress with minimal embellishments - too many can lead to an uncomfortable and bulky fit. If you must go for something more ornate, make sure the dress still fits well and is comfortable enough for all-night dancing.
Finding Ideal Fit and Comfort for a Special Occasion Dress
When it comes to selecting a modest dress for any special occasion, comfort should be just as important as fit. After all, you want to be able to enjoy a special day without having to worry about adjusting your dress every few minutes. That being said, there are a few things to keep in mind when selecting the perfect dress.
First and foremost, consider the fabric - lighter materials like chiffon can provide more comfort while also allowing plenty of movement, while stiffer materials like sequins or lace can make it harder to move and dance.
Consider the shoulder width as well - you don't want it to be too tight, as this can make for an unflattering silhouette. Also, look at the bust size - many stores offer petite and plus-size options, so make sure you find one that fits your body type properly.
In terms of dress style, you have a wide range of options - you can opt for something simple and elegant or go for a more ornate design. If looking at the latter, make sure it is still comfortable enough to wear all day without feeling too tight or constricting. Finally, consider the embellishments - avoid anything overly flashy as these can be bulky and uncomfortable.
All in all, when it comes to finding the perfect modest dress, it's all about finding a balance between fit and comfort. Do your research ahead of time and make sure you get a dress that is comfortable, yet still looks amazing on you.For help with selection of a modest dress for any occasion, speak to our team at Moments Made today! We can't wait to assist you.